DAY IN THE LIFE – KITCHENER-WATERLOO
Welcome to Kitchener-Waterloo! Today we are joining Lisa O’Connell from Pat the Dog Theatre Creation for a tour around this booming tech capital. She showed us the best places to get creative, where to grab a bite, and how they will be celebrating femme-owned businesses and creators around the Kitchener – Waterloo Region for the Culture Days festival.
In March some of these venues hosted programming for the Femme Folks Fest, a festival to celebrated women identified or presenting. Their programming included over 40 productions, panels, pop-ups, and professional development workshops.
If you missed the Femme Folks Fest you will still have the opportunity to connect with and celebrate female-identifying creatives at the Pat the Dog Women’s Room live-stream and The Vintage Project digital recording during the Culture Days festival.
For an in-depth look at the Tri-Cities and their cultural landscape, check out our Waterloo Region Guide.
Ontario Culture Days Programming
Check out some of the other amazing events happening in Waterloo during the Ontario Culture Days Festival:
- The Lumen festival has moved online and will be accessible from home this year. Learn how to DIY a lantern, have a dance party, or explore some of their virtual installations.
- Join Pat the Dog Theatre Creation and meet the Women’s Room – a collective of local female-identifying and female-presenting creators. For the festival meet some members and watch the digital recording of The Vintage Project.
- MT Space will be hosting three events as part of their Community in Action: Moving Past the Conversation hub. Join the MT Space as they host TELL, a digital coffee-house platform focused on the theme of Universal Basic Income; and two bite-sized live streams and recorded presentations from their newest initiative geared toward nurturing IBPOC emerging artists collaborative creations, called Arts Exchange.
- Kitchener-Waterloo Gallery is inviting the public to explore their gallery by taking an outdoor art tour, joining Catherine Mellinger for a virtual interpretation training session, or getting creative from home with their outdoor art workshop.
- Tap into Waterloo Public Library’s colourful roster of events taking place this festival season. Meet some local authors, make an artistic masterpiece or listen in with Diana Tso for some Chinese folktales.
For the full list of events in Waterloo click here.
Throughout the entire Culture Days festival, we’ll be dropping in on many different communities across the province. Hit the button below to check out the growing roster of these featured communities.